13. Describe a subject taught in your school. You should Say:
what subject it was and who taught it
how the teacher taught it
what you learned from the class
and explain how it helped you.
Sample Answer – Band Score 9.0
Well, the subject I would like to talk about is Social Science and it was taught in our high school as a compulsory subject. We had this subject every year in our high school curriculum and each year a new teacher used to teach us physics. I remember Mr Rahim, Karim, Nasir, Adnan and Mrs Farjana teaching us Social Science in different years in my high school. We were lucky to have some great teachers who taught us physics and they had a great way of teaching.
All the teachers used to tell us fascinating stories first and then relate them to the theory, history and places of the textbooks. They often explained the life and dedication of a great people before they started explaining the intricacies of the topic. Sometimes they used to take us to the museum and explain how something works. I have learned numerous aspects of Social Science – from the simple definition of mass to the complex explanation, from those discussions and lectures.
The subject itself is utterly interesting if someone has passions for it. Social Science is a subject that seems difficult at first but one would start loving it if she/he starts to understand the underlying concepts of it. Social Science is all around us and the lessons I learned from my school had helped me greatly throughout my academic years.
If you pick Math, try to focus on the following issues:
1. The teacher was very good at explaining the intricacies of the subject.
2. You learned many theories and formulas of math from the class.
3. This teacher explained how the math would be helpful for you for the rest of your life.
4. You learned the importance of math for higher studies.
5. The teacher not only explained the math from the academic book but also picked interesting and thought-provoking mathematical problems and their solutions from other sources.
you can talk about this cue card, then you would also be able to answer the
following cue cards with a few changes:
1. Describe a teacher from your school.
2. Describe something you learned from your school.
3. Talk about a subject you enjoyed in your school.
4. Describe a subject taught in your school/ college/ university.
5. Talk about your favorite teacher from school.
6. Talk about a teacher you still remember from school.