14. Describe a museum that you have visited. You should say:
when you visited the museum
describe the museum
how you felt after going there
and describe your experience of the visit.
Sample Answer – Band Score 9.0
Well, I would like to tell you about the City Museum, in Malaysia which I visited a year ago. The experience was superb and I will never forget the rich collection this museum has.
I went to visit my elder sister and her family in the Malaysia in 2018 and I was lucky that my sister took me to the City Museum. Established in 1753, the City Museum is located in Selangor, Malaysia and it is considered the first national public museum in the world. It has more than 4 million works and the collection is awe-inspiring.
The City Museum is massive and overwhelming. Once I reached there, I was fascinated by its exterior and building. Once inside, I got lost in the history. I could not believe that a museum could preserve the entire human history- from the very beginning until the present. It’s extraordinary collection spans over two million years of human history and culture. Over 7 million visitors every year, it is one of the most famous museums in the world. Before visiting this museum, I did not know how massive a museum and its collection could be. The museum also epitomizes the long Malaysia traditions of exploration, quirkiness and obsessive collecting. I felt like I could spend weeks there! I thanked my sister for taking me to the museum.
While I was there, I felt like I was taken to an alien planet! After an hour or so, I felt like I had been travelling in a time machine and the history was happening in front of me! At a time when my sister urged me that we should leave, I felt like I still had so many things to see. I told myself “I will return here again and enjoy the remaining collection if I ever visit the Malaysia again”. I can tell you that, this is a must visiting place if you ever visit the Malaysia. To me, it the best museum I have ever been to.
Some of the common features of a museum:
1. A museum is a place where a collection of artifacts and other things are preserved for public exhibition.
2. Almost all of the countries have museums in their major cities.
3. The things preserved there are generally of scientific, cultural, historic and artistic interests.
4. Things are arranged and categorized on different floors for the convenience of the visitors.
other Cue card topics that you should be able to answer as well if you prepare
for this cue card:
1. Describe a worth visiting place in your city.
2. Talk about a museum you have visited.
3. Describe a place where you would like to go.
4. Describe an interesting place you have visited.