18. Describe a friend from your childhood. You should say:
how you met him/her
how long you are friends & what you did together
What made you like him/ her
and explain your friendship.
Sample Answer – Band Score 9.0
Well, childhood has its specialty and magic and sometimes childhood friends are unforgettable. One such friend I recall was Dipu who I still remember. Our friendship lasted only for a year and after that, he moved to a different city with his parents. I met him at our first day in school.
I was late for school due to
a bad traffic and when I reached my classroom, I thought that all of the seats
have been occupied and I was desperately looking for a place to sit. The class
teacher asked my name and announced to make a seat for me. I found that one of
the boys was asking me to go over there and sit beside him. This very boy was
Dipu and I was grateful to him.
In the tiffin time, I shared my foods with him and talked about lots of things. From that next day, we started sitting next to each other and our friendship began to flourish. I found that he collects stamps as a hobby and I was excited to find this common hobby between us. We were very close friends and after one year I heard that he would be moving to a new city as his father has been transferred there.
We did a lot of interesting and fun stuff together. At school, we played footballs and other games in the interval period.
He was a lively and helpful boy who liked me very much. We had many things in common and we helped each other on our studies. Since I enjoyed participating different activities with him, I liked him as a friend as well. We had a strong bonding and intimate friendship between us. We tried to help each other whenever needed.
are some points you can mention to answer this cue card topic:
1. You had lots of fun stuff together in childhood and you enjoyed his/ her company.
2. You went school together, you played together and you spend lots of time together.
3. You meet him/her whenever you visit your hometown and you still enjoy his friendship.
4. You two have strong bonding as your friendship go matured over time.
5. You two had lots of common interest and you learned many things from him/her.
6. Describe what you did together in the childhood, how you spent time then and how you two started living in two different places.
7. Not necessarily you two have to live in two different places; you can mention that you two are still close and meet very friendly.
8. Say 1-2 interesting memories you two had together.
9. Talk about some reasons you liked him.
you can answer this cue card you should also be able to answer the following
cue card topics:
1. Describe one of your long term friends.
2. Talk about a friend you really like.
3. Talk about your best friend.
4. Describe a friend who helped you.
5. Describe a friend from your school.