19. A speech that somebody delivered and you heard. You should say.
Who gave the speech
What the topic of the speech was
Whether it impressed you or not
and explain why did you like / dislike the speech.
Sample Answer – Band Score 9.0
I have heard numerous speeches, lectures, commentaries on various topics and issues throughout different stages of my life and among them the speech that was given by our primary school teacher on our farewell day is the most influential one and I still vividly recall it. The teacher who gave the speech was Mr. Dipu and he was in his late forties at that time.
As fifth-grade school going kids, we did not comprehend quite clearly what was the school farewell all about. We knew that this is going to be our last day at our primary school and we would start our new school soon. Mr. Dipu was already a revered teacher for his teaching style, good manner, humor and honesty. Rumor had that, he was much more qualified to be a college professor rather than being a primary school teacher.
On the day, we had our parents present in school and we had been enjoying everything. As part of the farewell speech, Mr. Dipu approached to the stage and started mentioning what funny things we had done in the last 5 years. We as well as our parents started laughing on the things he mentioned. He mentioned how a kid started screaming at the sight of a cockroach, how a kid of class two expressed his friendship to a girl, how we tried to play amid of the class and many more interesting and funny events.
He then moved on topics that I still hear in my mind. He told how studying is our primary responsibility, how we should listen to our parents, how have we achieved our liberation as a nation, how to respect the Mother Nature and all the honesty and bravery we should possess in our heart.
Tips for answering this cue card topic:
- A speech that was given by your school teacher.
- A speech that was given by your debate team leader/ class captain/ sports team leader/ football, cricket, rugby coach etc.
- A speech delivered by a local politician that addresses a public issue.
- A speech that was given by a social worker that touched you.
- A speech delivered by the presenter of a social program.
If you can answer this cue card you should be able to answer the following cue card topics as well:
1. Talk about a speech delivered by a famous person.
2. Describe an event when you were greatly touched.
3. Describe a speech that has a great influence in your life.
4. Talk about a speech you watched on TV or heard on radio.
5. A famous speech you heard and still remember.