22. Describe something special you want to buy in the future. You should say:
What it is
What it is like
When you intend to buy it
And explain why you want to buy it.
Model Answer – Band Score – 9.0
Well, I have a personal list (wish list you can say) that has many things that I want to buy in future. One such special thing that I want to buy in near future is a personal car. I mostly use public transportation to move from one place to another and to visit my hometown which is very inconvenient. Owning a car would be a great advantage for me as I would be able to freely move and visit my hometown more frequently.
The car I want to buy is the Fusion Hybrid car by Ford. This is a stylish looking car which is also fuel efficient. My preference would be the white color. I intend to buy it after 2-3 years as it would allow me to save the money and apply for the car loan I need to purchase it.
There are so many advantages of owning a car especially in the city I live in. Maintaining the perfect timing is pretty tough if you travel in a public bus. You would need to wait for the bus, stay in the long queue for a long. And the frequency of the public buses and the number of people do not allow one to maintain the timing one needs to keep.
If I own my own car I’d be able to avoid the usual bad traffic and take the alternatives roads. Travelling in a public bus is inconvenient and you do not have any privacy in it. With my own car, I’d be able to go to my hometown and visit my parents more frequently than I do now.
Some of the things you can mention which you want to buy in the
1. A cell phone/ mobile phone
2. A Laptop
3. A personal Car
4. A Book by a favorite Author
5. An electronic device like the refrigerator, television, washing machine etc.
6. A house/ apartment/ flat
7. A bicycle
8. A household appliance
9. A musical instrument
10. A sports instruments.
11. A share of a company
12. A machinery device for business use
13. A paint or portrait.
14. A rare antique item etc.
If you can answer this cue card, you should also be able to answer
the following cue cards:
1. Describe something you recently bought.
2. Describe something you want to purchase.
3. Talk about a luxury item you want to buy.
4. Talk about a household appliance you want to buy.
5. Describe what you would buy if you have a lot of money.